
I was reading the hoope blog, about the movie 'A Walk To Remember". I saw the movie years ago and quite enjoy it. Anyway the movie set me thinking about the 'small' miracles like, to be able to breathe, to feel, to see and so on. How we tend to take this things for granted and at times we even abuse this gifts. At the end of the end of his post the hoope asked-
"Another thing that sets me thinking: how would I live the remaining of my life if I knew that I was suffering from leukemia and will soon expire to the next world? Would I have attained the state of "tranquility" to embrace that blessing? Or as Jamie said when she told Landon of her sickness: "I don't want to find a reason to blame God".
How would you live your life, if you knew?"
How would I live my life, If I knew I'm going soon? I thought of this before, I'll drop off everything, without mentioning it to anyone and will travel from place to place. I'll stay at a place to work for a few weeks enough to bring me to another place. I'll make my way to mecca (Like another fav movie Le' Grand Voyage) come back only to my homeland about a few months before the due time. Whether I outlive the due time or not, doesnt really matter anymore.....it will come sooner or later. Alhamdulillah.
3 comments:
Indeed, the only certainty about living is: death. Hence, there is no point to fight it, instead embrace it now. For Allah, the Almighty said:
"Every living thing shall have a taste of death; in the end to Us shall you be brought back" [al-Ankabut 29:57]
Some have the benefit to know that death is around the corner. Most live their lifes with no clue at all.
Question: If given a choice, would you rather know that your end is near, or would you just ride it out?
On a human impulse I would very much like to know when my end is near and be in control. However after carefully thought about it, best to just let it be and ride it out. I afraid I might take things for granted and leave everything till the very last hours. So He know best ; )
In the words of the air traffic controller..."Prepare for take-off!" :)
Post a Comment