Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fragile Wish

You once told me that the events and things that I see and observe is more of a lesson and reminder for myself. In this lesson I learned and reminded again how fragile our life can be. It was a different Tuesday yesterday but its a Tuesday nevertheless, so dim your light turn up the volume and listen to the soothing song of Pink Floyd.

To you my teacher/friend, my sincere and warmest condolence to you.
Nothing go to "waste",Insya Allah...

Title: Wish You Were Here
Artist: Pink Floyd

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell,
Blue skys from pain.
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you to trade
Your heros for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

4 comments:

TheHoopoe said...

Thank you for this favourite song of mine and thank you for ...

Anonymous said...

Two lost souls swimming in the fish bowl...

Aren't we all a pair:)

I've been to the Dark Side of the moon! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What is it with artists and "Pink" (floyd)?!

Anyway, the trick is to keep reminding ourselves - trouble is, given time we forget and get sucked back into the world.

Anonymous said...

How abt 'Wish You Were Her/Kelly'