Thursday, November 27, 2008

About A Boy


I read about this courageous little boy from RJ's blog. I'm so touch by the story and just like RJ .... Let me just share with you some wisdom from him:
Three years ago, doctors diagnosed Brenden with leukemia. His body may have been held back but his spirit excelled far beyond the dreams of most of us.

His dying wish was to help the homeless. "They're probably starving, so give 'em a chance, food and water,"
he said. Indeed he did.Touched by a young boy with an old soul, kind hearts answered Brenden's urgings to feed the homeless and took part in KOMO's Stuff the Truck food drive in honor of Brenden.

He had one more wish, and that was to sprinkle wildflower seeds to save the bees. He had heard that the bees were dying off. His wish was answered by a retired pilot who asked his flying friends to sprinkle wild flower seeds around the world on Brenden's behalf.

On death, "It happens. It's natural," He said."I should be gone in a week or so", he had said. "I had a great time. And until my time comes, I'm going to keep having a great time," he said.


And when asked what he thought the best things in life are, he said,
"Just having one."
Brenden Foster, Rest In Peace 1997-2008

4 comments:

wcgillian said...

Enemy,

Thanks for posting this on your site. I cannot help getting very emotional when I see that little guys face, and yet the world focuses on people like Spears, Lohan, and who is divorcing who. Brenden was nothing less then a pocket of light in a world clouded with darkness. Bless him.

RJ

Lampu said...

I cried several times reading 1000 Splendid Suns. It was depressing. But once again I am reminded to smile in adversity. Life is indeed beautiful. Thanks. :) Will return to Tate tomorrow and look for Matthew Collings or Fiona Rae. seeya soon.

enemy said...

Salam Saedah,
You know what? It might sound stupid on my side but only now I realised that people cry for various reasons. There are some good reasons and some are bad. Bad is like when you think how sad your life is and feeling too sorry for yourself.
While the good is when you realise something that emotionally touching like the case for Brenden or feeling full of gratitude....hmmm!
Thanks. btw do read the kite runner too :-)

Anonymous said...

This little boy has left an imprint to the world to learn.